Department: Billing Department
Reports to: Business Office Manager
This is a full time office position.Â The Medical Records Clerk is primarily responsible for handling medical records, collections, and ordering of supplies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Assign and essential functions.
- Handles all private, attorney, and court requests for medical records.
- Pulls the records, copies, and mails them to the court or arranges with the DAâ€™s office for someone with proper identification to pick up the records when issued a subpoena.
- Makes all change of addresses as they come in from the post office on a daily basis and assists in working the returned mail.
- Works off of the pre-collection and final collection letters.
- Pulls the PCRâ€™s, HFCAâ€™s, and EOBâ€™s and sends them to the insurance company to get claims paid
- Works 2-300 letters per week, notating all accounts.
- Reviews the partial payment statements printed each week to be sure they are correct, and mails them.
- Answers a large quantity of incoming calls.
- Full-Time Employee
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and speak English language fluently
- Ability to use computer with Microsoft Office package (Word and Excel)
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a friendly, positive, and respectfulÂ manner
- Ability to maintain a professional profile and demonstrate self control
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to lift heavy objects as needed
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed (minimal)
- Two to five years of medical billing experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT, and HCPCS coding
- Type 45 to 60 words per minute
- Experience working in a fast paced medical billing office
- Work as part of a team, pitching in when needed and assist others when office is behind
- Work independently with little supervision and ability to problem solve
- Work with patients, medical facilities, and co-workers in a friendly manner
- Ability to calmly deal with upset patients medical facilities, and co-workers
- Use of internet for business only
- High volume telephone customer service
- 97 to 100% accuracy on all data entry
Mohawk Ambulance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.