Mohawk Ambulance Service focuses on recruiting individuals who are “service oriented.” We believe that the most important asset of every organization is its employees. We invest in our staff by providing in-depth and ongoing training program for all employees. Employee retention is a high priority and we accomplish this by developing our team as valued partners in caring.
An equal opportunity employer, Mohawk Ambulance Service offers competitive wages and flexible scheduling. Other benefits include in-house training, as well as educational advancement and promotion opportunities.
Mohawk Ambulance Service provides a drug- and tobacco-free work environment that is ensured through pre-employment and random drug screenings.
Title: Verification Specialist
Reports to: Business Office Manager
This is a full time office position. The Verification Specialist is primarily responsible for investigating and verifying all demographics, insurance information, patient’s identity and correctly entering information into billing system. This position requires extensive phone work, investigative skills using tools provided and common sense.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Assign and essential functions.
- Resolve electronic patient transports
- Review patient care reports and match information
- Research patient demographic information via websites provided
- Verify eligibility and search for insurance coverage via websites provided
- Contact patients to verify address and obtain insurance information
- Contact facilities to verify patient transport information
- Full-Time Employee
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and speak English language fluently
- Ability to use computer with Microsoft Office package (Word and Excel)
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a friendly, positive, and respectful manner
- Ability to maintain a professional profile and demonstrate self control
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to lift heavy objects as needed
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed (minimal)
- Two to five years of medical billing experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge if ICD9, CPT, and HCPCS coding
- Type 45 to 60 words per minute
- Experience working in a fast paced medical billing office
- Work as part of a team, pitching in when needed and assist others when office is behind
- Work independently with little supervision and ability to problem solve
- Work with patients, medical facilities, and co-workers in a friendly manner
- Ability to calmly deal with upset patients medical facilities, and co-workers
- Use internet for business only
- High volume telephone customer service
- 97 to 100% accuracy expected on all data entry
Mohawk Ambulance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.