Come Join Us!
Mohawk Ambulance Service focuses on recruiting individuals who are “service oriented.” We believe that the most important asset of every organization is its employees. We invest in our staff by providing in-depth and ongoing training program for all employees. Employee retention is a high priority and we accomplish this by developing our team as valued partners in caring.
An equal opportunity employer, Mohawk Ambulance Service offers competitive wages and flexible scheduling. Other benefits include in-house training, as well as educational advancement and promotion opportunities.
Mohawk Ambulance Service provides a drug- and tobacco-free work environment that is ensured through pre-employment and random drug screenings.
New Hire Sign-On Bonus Program
Eligible employees include, EMTs/Medics/ATS Drivers/Dispatchers who:
- Are Driver Qualified (excluding Dispatcher)
- Hired between 01/01/2018 and 02/28/2018
In order to receive the Sign-On Bonus, the new hire MUST meet the following criteria:
- Request Sign-On Bonus at Time of Hire (1)
- Maintain Driver Status (2)
- Work minimum of 24 Hours per week (3)(6)
- Work minimum of 8 Hours per Weekend every other Weekend (4)(6)
- Infrequent Call Outs (5)
The Sign-On Bonus can be earned over 5 assessment periods:
- Period 1: Date of hire to clear of orientation (approximately 4-6 weeks)
- Period 2-5: Every 6 months from date the new hire was cleared from orientation (Approx. 24-26 months)
- The Sign-On Bonus Amount is $3,000.00 (paid out in $600.00 increments at the completion of each assessment period (defined above)).
(1) The New Hire has to request the Sign-On Bonus Program at time of Conditional Hire. Two copies of this Program Notice will be signed and dated by the New Hire – one copy will be placed in the New Hire’s personnel file and one copy will be issued to the New Hire.
(2) The New Hire is required to maintain Driver Status during the entirety of EACH assessment period. Dispatchers are excluded from having to meet Driver Status requirement.
(3) The New Hire is required to work a minimum of 24 scheduled hours per week every week during EACH assessment period. Scheduled vacation time or paid sick time (in lieu of a scheduled shift) will be counted as hours worked.
(4) The New Hire is required to work a minimum of 8 scheduled hours per weekend every other weekend during EACH assessment period. The inability of the Scheduling Department to schedule the New Hire a minimum of 8 hours per weekend every other weekend during an assessment period will not result in the New Hire forfeiting the Sign-On Bonus for said assessment period.
(5) ‘Infrequent Call Outs’ is considered one or less call outs during the Orientation Period and two or less call outs during EACH six month assessment period.
(6) Weekday hours are defined as Monday day thru and including Friday day shifts. Weekend hours are defined as Friday night thru and including Sunday night shifts.
(7) The New Hire Bonus Program cannot be combined with any other Bonus Program.
(8) Mohawk Ambulance Service has the right to modify or terminate this Program at any time.
Medical Billing Specialist
Mohawk Ambulance is hiring for the position of Medical biller for a high volume, fast paced business office.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of two years’ experience in Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, and commercial billing; electronic transmissions, batch posting and insurance appeals. Good customer service skills and proper phone etiquette are a must. Knowledge of medical terminology and willingness to work as a team player is a must.
Great office environment!
Apply below. Applications and resumes may also be faxed to 518-395-5925.
Mohawk supports a safe, drug free environment. Criminal background checks and drug testing are part of our hiring process. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, encouraging women and minorities to apply.